Monday, 15 November 2010

Gone Overboard

It’s a hot & sunny Florida day in Gainesville. I am staying in a little cabin on the Suwanee River with a friend Brandon and his family for Independence Day weekend. After sleeping in after a night of partying and having an awesome eggs and bacon breakfast we decide to go ride my jet ski and go tubing in the river below us. As we walk down the stairs of the stilt cabin and down steep heavily wooded path to the river we are excited for the hours of fun ahead.
After hooking up the rope for the tube to the back of the jet ski we take off. Brandon goes first, and his cousin Nate rides with me. We take off down the calm morning brown waters of the Suwanee River. Nate keeps edging me to go faster and faster and get the tube going side to side to see how funny of a wipe out we can make Brandon have, but we failed in getting him to fall off.
So we all had the bright idea of tying two tubes side by side and pulling both of them at the same time. As we are going down the river it is absolutely hilarious getting both of them going side to side and bumping into each other trying to knock each other off as we are flying down the river. As the speed climbs it is getting closer to someone getting knocked off their tube. But as the two boys come around on side of me, the two tubes is too much for the jet ski to handle and over the jet ski flips and so do Brandon and Nate go flying over each other when the tubes collided and finally flipped also.  

<script language="javascript" src="http://www.polleverywhere.com/multiple_choice_polls/LTEwOTkwMzQ4OTY/web.js?height=250&results_count_format=percent&width=300" type="text/javascript"></script><div style="font-size: 0.75em">Replace <a href="http://www.polleverywhere.com/audience-response-system%22%3Eaudience response hardware</a> with <a href="http://www.polleverywhere.com/%22%3EPoll Everywhere</a>
</div>

4 comments:

  1. I loved the story, the one thing I would improve on is eing descriptive and using your senses but I loved the picture & that you were trying to knock his friend off that was funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being honest I loved cory's blog it was very inventive and there were a lot of things there to see and the colors he chose for the font and his writing went along. His intro and his obsession was cool to read. A thing i think he could do to make it better is for the green font make it a little bigger on the sides but over all I liked his blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for trying to embed a polleverywhere on your blog. I only saw the code rather than the poll. You capture a lot of that day on the river, but it needed more tension and even more description and you needed to delete sentences that didn't contribute to the story (e.g., you eggs and bacon breakfast).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this story, and i I love the outdoors. You needed to throw a twist in there somewhere but this was a very well written story.

    ReplyDelete